These zygomatic dental implants are designed for those with inadequate bone volume in the upper jaw, ensuring a strong and secure foundation for your new smile. In this article, we will discuss the importance of taking care of your zygomatic dental implants, their benefits, and some valuable tips for maintaining their longevity.
What Are Zygomatic Dental Implants?
Zygomatic implants are named after the zygomatic bone, also known as the cheekbone. They are longer than traditional dental implants and are placed in dense zygomatic bones. They provide the necessary support for dental prostheses even in cases where there is significant bone loss in the upper jaw.
Benefits of Zygomatic Dental Implants
When it comes to zygomatic dental implants in Phoenix, there are several benefits that it provides:
- Reduced Treatment Time: With zygomatic implants, there is often no need for additional bone grafting procedures. This can significantly reduce the treatment time and help you achieve your new smile faster.
- Increased Implant Stability: Due to the placement in the dense zygomatic bone, these implants offer firm support and stability, ensuring that your new teeth will stay in place and function effectively.
- Improved Aesthetic Results: Zygomatic implants can help you replace missing teeth, leading to an enhanced facial appearance and a more confident smile.
Tips for Maintaining Your Zygomatic Dental Implants
It is crucial to follow proper care & maintenance practices to ensure the longevity of your zygomatic dental implants and enjoy their many benefits.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Just like your natural teeth, it is essential to keep your implants clean. Brush your teeth and implants at least twice daily, and floss at least once daily. You can also use mouthwash to reduce harmful bacteria in your mouth.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly: Regular check-ups with a qualified implant dentist in Phoenix will allow you to look after the health of your implants and address any issues early on.
- Avoid Smoking: Smoking can significantly increase the risk of implant failure and should be avoided to ensure the success of your zygomatic dental implants.
- Eat a Balanced Diet: Eating healthy food, rich in vitamins and minerals, will promote overall oral health and help maintain the strength of your zygomatic dental implants.
Zygomatic dental implants offer a reliable and effective solution for individuals struggling with tooth loss and inadequate bone volume in the upper jaw. By carefully following the tips outlined above, you can ensure the longevity & success of your implants, allowing you to enjoy their benefits for many years to come. With proper care & maintenance, you can confidently smile, knowing that your zygomatic dental implants are standing firm.