A nonsurgical cosmetic surgery called mint lift thread lifting (ไหม mint lift, term in Thai) is a non-invasive and effective way to tighten and lift the skin giving you a younger appearance. The thread lift stimulates the body to produce collagen causing the skin to appear suppler and firmer. The procedure itself is generally considered safe and can address a variety of skin-related problems that are primarily caused by the loss of collagen as an effect of the aging process. It lifts drooping, aged skin and encourages collagen synthesis.
The surgeon pulls the skin into place with the aid of a medical-grade thread. The thread is inserted into the skin, which will encourage the production of collagen. It does so by activating the body’s ability to self-heal. The type and length of threads to be used varies depending on the discretion of the surgeon with consideration of the patient’s overall skin condition. This type of procedure is so -called a lunchtime lift because it is fairly quicky and with minimal downtime. It is not like the usual facelift that requires you to spend some time off work to recuperate.
Who might benefit from a thread lift?
For the best results, a thread lift is typically best for:
- Those who are starting to notice visible signs of skin aging, especially on the face
- Those who are in their 30s as it is the age when typical signs of skin aging start to appear.
- Those who are expecting nothing spectacular in return.
- Those who are not interested in getting plastic surgery.
- Those who had a neck lift or facelift (rhytidectomy) and wish to update their results.
- A thread lift is a wonderful choice for patients with specific diseases who can’t have a regular facelift because it is a low-risk surgery. For instance, you can get a thread lift despite having medical conditions like diabetes, heart disease, or high blood pressure.
What is the duration of a thread lift?
The effects of a thread lift are transient and endure for one to three years. The strands eventually disappear and are absorbed by your body. You can undergo another session of thread lift treatment if you’re satisfied with the outcomes.
Is a thread lifting an uncomfortable procedure?
You receive local anesthetic during a thread lift operation, so you don’t experience any pain. It is just normal to at least experience minimal pain, discomfort, and soreness after the treatment. Until the soreness disappears, you can use an over-the-counter pain medication for a few days. Most people can get by without pain medication.
Is it a thread lift procedure worth it?
A thread lift is a straightforward surgery with little risk and little recovery time. Results, nevertheless, are fleeting and subtle. Therefore, the value of a thread raise will depend on your circumstances and ambitions. When consulting your plastic surgeon thinks about the following issues:
- For how long do you hope your outcomes will last?
- Do you like minor changes or ones that are more significant?
- Do you have a little patch of loose, sagging skin? Do you have a pretty large region of it?
- Do you qualify for conventional cosmetic surgery? Or do you prefer to postpone surgery?